From:
MELANIE BORDNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:47:30 -0400
Hi!  Hope everyone is doing well.

I have concern that is worrying me about Treeroo, my approx 4 year old
MF neutered male ferret.

Last week I noticed he has a lump off to the side of his anal opening.  I
noticed this when I was checking everyone's butt (I have 5 ferrets) for
possible problems after I discovered there was two separate WHITE POOP -
(??possibly mucus) in their litter pan.  Also, it is VERY possible, that
Treeroo was not even the one who deposited that stool.  There has not
been any more poop like that since last week.

BUT I noticed he has a lump which feels sort of like a ball and seems to
"move" as if not imbedded into anything particular.  It appears to be
painful as he squirms when I touch it to see what it is.

He also has some black tarry stools.

Took him to the vet on Sat.  He suggested surgery and took blood to see
if he is a candidate for surgery.  The vet thinks it may be his anal
gland.  He kept squeezing it and again, Treeroo seemed to be in moderate
discomfort.

Should I opt for the surgery or is this nothing to be concerned with.
Has anyone ever had something like this happen to your ferret?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am worried sick!!

Thank you and regards,
Melanie

I have