From:
Jeannine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 01:02:56 -0400
My ferret is sick and refuses to eat. He has insulinoma, Adrenal
Disease, and IBS. He has had diarrhea for several days now which is
mainly explosive brown fluid with very little bird seed in it if any at
all. I started him on Imodium .1cc 3xday. with no firming as of yet. He
is also on pred. .1cc 2xday and I just started him on flagel. He has
decided that he does not want to eat now. For a little guy who is so
sick, thin and naked he is strong as a bugger. He fights me tooth and
nail and is a little vocal when I force feed him. I try to wrap him in
a towel but he just fights his way out. I manage to wear more then he
eats. I keep him hydrated with sub-Q fluids and he does drink water
from his bowl but he will not eat without a fight. He refuses ferretone
, baby food, and his duck soup. Any suggestions out there. Any tricks
you have found to make it easier to force feed. Any tricks on fighting
diarrhea. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks
Jabrd23