From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:43:35 -0400
I was recently at a dog show and was looking at vendor's when I saw a
vendor that had cute handpainted cartoonish depictions of different breeds
with little arrows pointing to the animal with little bits of info about it
that were mostly humerous.  Then I saw that they had a hedge hog one so I
stopped and asked if they had any for ferrets?  Well they did - in 4
different colors!  I am in no way associated with them but I thought I'd
pass along the info as they make a cute picture to put up by a cage (not
that mine are caged but I do have one set up:)  They are 20.00 dollars
framed with a few little cute pawprints on the glass.  They're called "The
Original Animal Tracks" Janet Lucking 13772 Sprucevale Rd., East Liverpool
OH 43920 or 1-330-385-3708.  They said the wouldn't mind being posted on
the Internet.  They will also do hand calligraphy on the print if
requested; "Name of ferrets, cherished pet of so and so".

I've seen several posts about walking your ferrets outside.  I do this and
mine love it - it the brushy verge behind my house.  They like cover and
get scared without it.

I'd like to remind people to watch out for dogs.  Dogs on leash walking by
can get loose or to close or dogs off leash that come out of no where can
be a real threat to your ferret.  A couple of years ago a woman posted that
she was walking her ferret in a park when a dog appeared out of nowhere,
snatched her ferret up and disappeared behind some trees so fast she said
it was like a nightmare.  Please be careful.

I like watching the different shapes my ferrets masks assume.  Right now
Giesela has a very light face with no real mask per se however she does
have a thin wishbone shape in darker fur on her head.  Boris once had sort
of a second mask above the first that looked exactly like the Batman logo.
Anyone else have interesting mask shapes?

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts Boris and Giesela