From:
meryl faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:12:13 -0700
I had problems with ferrets and litter boxes, and gave up (carpets, and
ferrets who loved to dig out the litter just to hear me wail), and used
newspapers. My ferrets over the years are mostly living free in the
house, caged occasionally when ill or if there are visitors who don't
know about ferrets and doors. I discovered when The Ferret Store was
in business "cage diapers". These worked really well, and are not the
conventional plastic backed cotton kind that are sold as puppy pads,
but are made from recycled paper. They have a textured surface and look
like soft cardboard. They're more expensive than the puppy pads, but
they can usually be used for a couple of days, and a layer of newspaper
underneath adds to the floor protection. When the Ferret store went out
of business, Drs Foster and Smith did not end up carrying them, and I
searched everywhere else (rabbit supplies etc) but finally contacted
the manufacturer (Petking brands) and discovered they sold them in bulk
more cheaply than TFS used to in small packs. They can be contacted by
phone, and if after hours they return the call next day, and ship
within a few days. The link gets you to the cage diapers. I usually
just phone their 800 number and are very pleased they sell directly
(and in bulk)to the public. I get the 18x24 size and cut it into two
if I need to put a smaller piece into a newly discovered corner toilet
area. The ferrets don't drag for as long either - it cleans their butts
more quickly because of the absorbent surface. Sometimes they are sold
on Ebay - repackaged and at a higher price.

http://www.petkingbrands.com/cage_diaper/cage_diaper_pricing.htm

Meryl