Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 01:47:16 -0800
Yes, I'm munging two different topics here, but hey...

On the kibble on the roof of the mouth subject:

>Be careful when you help them. I got bit very, very badly (not the
>ferret's fault, he was trying to chew the food) when I used my finger
>to dislodge the piece. Now I use then end of a pen or whatever.

Instead of a pen or something hard that would scrape and hurt the roof
of their mouth, I've found that a soft spatula works better--I had a
tiny female whose mouth was just the right size to get pieces stuck,
and so I transitioned her over to another food...but while she was
still eating the old food, I kept the spatula handy. This was one of
those tiny spatulas. Yes, it was rubber, but never left where she
could get a hold of it.

>Subject: The Big Pink Orchid- Very OT
>
>Here are pictures of the flowers and blossoming plant.
>http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/auntferret/IM0002751-1.jpg

Compare yours to this picture:
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/newsrel/reiman/OncidiumOrchid.jpg ...

I'm guessing that what you have is some sort of Oncidium, and you can
read more about it here:
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/newsrel/2003/oct03/oct0301.html

I'm guessing from looking at the flowers and the foliage... :-)

-cobalt