From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:09:12 EDT
Today's FML is similar in size and content to yesterday's: thousands of
lines with a few major topics dominating: Kodo, and discussion about forming
a national group.  Both worthy topics, and your posts will make it through.

But I have a fear here too: the sheer volume of mail lately is too much for
most people to keep up with.  I think there are relatively few people who
will be able to read FMLs of this size from end to end, and that's a shame
because there are very many worthy causes in the FML.  For example, we have
the folks from Norway whose ferret was confiscated at a California airport
(yesterday's issue).  We have a found ferret.  An ill ferret.  Ferrets for
adoption.  Questions.  Answers.  An event schedule.  And, of course, there's
the latest about Kodo, including a couple of great press releases, the
results of his rabies test, new items to auction off (some great stuff), a
follow-up from Bud Jackson and heart-warming tributes.

How can you help?  Probably the biggest help would be to give your posts an
accurate subject.  This will help people find their posts of interest and
will help to categorize things more easily.

I'm categorizing the posts into two large FMLs today.  One will deal with
everything Kodo -- the latest press releases and news, auction/fundraising
news and various tributes to Kodo.  The other will deal with everything
else, such as forming a national group and database, the usual questions,
answers, news and stories.  I'll do my best to oraganize, but, as usual,
overlap is inevitable.

Let's see what the next few days bring -- probably things will slacken off
some.  And I will continue to try to give you the maximal resource for your
time by remove things like stray lines and excessive quoting, categorizing
posts and presenting them in a consistent format.

Thanks again for the amazing support.  Kodo's spirit sure does have much
of energy.

Bill