From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:34:22 EST
First off thank you to everyone that is a secert santa to my babies and
for those who have sent cards and donations, you are all wonderful.

Drag went ot the vet on monday because his stomach was very bloated, after
taking an x-ray we saw his bladder was huge.  Dr.K emptied his bladder and
took another x-ray, well he seems to have a mass in his bladder.  He will
be having surgery Wed morning at 7am.  I will be there biting my nails.
Please keep good thoughts for him as we don't know what might become of
this.

Two weeks ago I had to put my 12 year old Geezer to sleep, he would no
longer eat and was in pain, that week I also lost Duncan and Taz 2 other
rescues.  geezer had been with the shelter just about from the beginning
and is so very much missed.  Its still hard to believe he is gone, he left
behind his 2 beautiful girlfriends, Robin, and Repeat.  Ironacally, i
rescued an older sable male ferret from the shelter where I got Geezer and
he took to the girls and now is their cage mate, he is 6 yrs old and has
beginning stages of adrenal.  funny how things work.

Bandit is still on Baytril injectable for another week.  i'm also doing
Traumeel injectable twice daily near his fracture.  He seems to be feeling
better and using the leg a little.  We will do a full blood work up in a
few weeks ans x-rays and see where we go from there.

Zen the HBC kitty died 2 days after I brought her to the vet, we don't know
whey yest but me vet did do an necropsy and I'll know more tomorrow.  she
will be creamated and put on my mantel with my other lost babies.

At this point I would like to run the person over that left her there and
smash the lady that smashed Drag in the door on purpose.  No bitterness
here, LOL.

Well so far this week i got in 5 ferrets, Skippy has adrenal and a big lump
on his throat and his sis Bonnie needs a dental, very bad teeth.  also took
in an older cat that the owners, my neighbors died.  And a very sweet Sugar
glider, and 2 rats.

another full house, haha!
Well Happy Holidays to all,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Where ferrets (and others!) are treated like gold.