From:
"Dave A. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:01:14 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I am in Houston, packing up the bones of my marriage.  I have only one thing
to say, after spending the winter in Missouri, I thought it was hot up
there.  I WAS WRONG!!!  I now remember why I wanted to move so badly.

A cute fuzzy story.  So all I tell is about others this week, I miss my guys
and am smothering the local mustelids with unwanted affection.  sigh.

A local ferret, Bubba by name, has been sending my Pookie videos on begging.
I got the full treatment from him in the last couple of days, and believe
me, no one could withstand the stares from this poor, starving, on death's
door ferret.

He is a fruit nut, so I brought him a can of organic raisins from Missouri.
His mom opened up the can for him to smell and he grabbed a heaping mouthful
and ran like crazy!!  It was so funny, seeing this ferret come up with
several raisins sticking out of his mouth.

This afternoon, as I sit at the borrowed computer, Bubs walks up to see his
mom, who is standing next to me talking.  Well, after repeated attempts to
win Mom over, he decides that maybe Auntie Maggie is a soft touch.  So we
have this ferret, standing in between us, switching back and forth on the
begging scene, when he decides that neutral territory is the way to go and
just stands up for the general population and begs.  Repeatedly.  On his
hind feet, turning around, pacing back and forth, walking on our feet.  I
mean, this ferret is about to pass out from low blood sugar (or so he would
like us to believe) and needs a raisin fix NOW.

You know how good poodles are at looking pitiful, well, they have nothing on
Bubs.  I swear he has a mirror stashed somewhere that he practices with!

Tomorrow I will pack up the last of my stuff, eat pizza, rest and head out
for Oklahoma on Sunday.  To see old friends (very old, hehe) and their
ferrets.  Yes, they are on the fml.

Maggie Mae, sans Mid Missouri Mustelids, heading for the Corona