From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 06:51:31 -0500
To Tonya Angeles and Ken Loomis:

Marshall Premium Ferret Diet is sold in a bag labeled as such - it is NOT
a generic ferret chow in a plain bag such as Ken described.  Also, it is
sold only in stores that sell Marshall Farm Ferrets - or you can mail
order it from Marshall Pet Products.

I have seen generic ferret chow in clear bags in pet stores with no labels
indicating percentages of contents, etc.  Marshalls food is labeled, has
product information, and will state that it is Marshalls.

Ken- if there is no label indicating ratio/percentages of contents, I
wouldn't buy it.  Stick with something that gives you more info no matter
what it is - Marshalls, Iams, Totally Ferret, etc.

BTW, only about 1/3 of my ferrets will eat the Marshalls, so I don't buy it
any longer except when I have litters - I wean them on Marshalls and
Totally Ferret.  My guys have never liked any of the other ferret pellet
products.  Our Shelter ferrets, however, eat a blend of Marshalls, TF, and
Iams Kitten, and our shelter director has never had a problem getting any
of the shelter ferrets to eat this combination.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Western New York and Finger Lakes Ferret Association
Rochester, NY