Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:28:11 -0600
Well, we have finally conquered the fleas at The Haven!  Took 5 treatments
for the dog (but only one each for the fuzzies & cat) plus shaving the
poor little Pikinese almost completely bald, but hey, you gotta do what
you gotta do!  Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions about this, I've
been pretty busy with the holidays and the (skin) kids schooling.....

And of course wouldn't you know?  I get rid of the fleas and wind up with
another college kid's ferret!  This time it's a tiny little albino girl
named--get this!--Gambit!  An older woman called me saying that her
ex-roomie had left his ferret, it stunk and she's afraid of it so she
can't clean the cage.  Roomie was supposed to find a home for her, but
didn't.  I don't know how this woman stood the stench of her own home!
But little Gambit (gotta change that name!) wasn't the reason for the
smell--it was the 10+ cats in the house!  Whew!  Anyone who has lived with
male cats knows the smell I'm talking about.  Nails so long I don't know
how she was walking, more yellow in her fur than white, and a pile of poop
in the corner of her 3 story Midwest cage that--had it been hotter or the
doors open--would have been host to all *kinds* of critters!  Ick!  She
now has 19 clipped nails (she's missing a toe, seems to be a birth
defect), ears to be cleaned tomorrow, flea treated (duh!), and some of
the yellow out of her fur (suggestions on this one are welcome, since the
closest coloring I have is a butterscotch!).  I'm off to lick my
scratches, and look for the bandaids.....

Tammy K & the Crew
War Dance Haven
Shelter & Rescue
(missing Harri, Frisco & Thunder)

Trying to explain ferret math to a non ferret owner is like trying to
explain Physics to a 3 year old.