From:
Pat Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:33:47 -0500
[Moderator's note: Forwarded from Vickie McKimmey, president of the AFA,
by Pat Stauffer at Vickie's request.  BIG]

>1. Anyone judging the show will be banned for life from participating in
>   future shows.  Is this true?

No this is not true, AFA judges cannot judge other championship rings in
non AFA sanctioned shows.  Since AFA does not sanction specialty shows or
specialty rings, AFA judges can judge specialty rings for any other
organization.  It is up to the individual judge and their own decision to
judge or not, as long as it does not interfere with their judging of an
AFA event.

>2. Anyone that goes to the show (with or without ferrets) will be banned
>along with their ferrets for life from participating in future shows.  Is
>this true?

No this is not true.  AFA has banned persons from their shows for
threatening other show goers and for providing false information on the
entry forms (changing dates of birth to keep the ferret in the kit class
for less competition).

Personally, I think it is a difficult time of year to schedule a show
especially in PA because of the unpredictability of the weather.  That is
just one reason I will not be attending.  Another is, this time of year, I
do not have kits for sale, so I have no use for a table.  Since I do not
subscribe to the FML, feel free to email me directly at
[log in to unmask] if you need any more clarifications on AFA policy
and/or protocol.