From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:34:54 -0500
HI, I have an intact female who came into heat and was bred, but did not
become pregnant.  As I undestnad, they go through a false pregnancy (where
the hormones in their body are as they would be in pregnancy).  So you see
enlarged teats and etc.

Well for the past three weeks Sadie (my female) has been grooming Bentley
(my male) non-stop.  I have been thinking that this was a maternal instinct
type thing and letting it go.  He is getting frustrated somewhat and she is
turning to me now.  LICKING AND BITING ALOT.  Matter-of-fact it is getting
intolerable.  She is getting rougher and rougher dispite my reprimands.  She
is making a ton more noise than she ever has and it gets more intense as she
gets more excited and then bites.

She was the sweetest, docile ferret I have ever had or met.  She would never
have thought of biting previous to this.  Could this be maternal instincts
as I orginally thought?  SHould I let it go and it will eventually go away
when her hormones get back on tract?  Or do I have a psychotic ferret?

If anyone has a clue please let me know.
Shelley Straight
Va-Md Regional College
Of Veterinary Medicine