From:
Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 16:19:06 CST
I was just wondering how common, or uncommon, allergies are in fuzzies???
My ferret has been itching and sneezing a lot lately and is excessively
losing his hair (in fact the vet said if he keeps it up he will be bald!
He thinks that my fuzzy might have allergies or be having an allergic
reaction to our new carpet.  I am really worried though.  Does anyone else
have fuzzies with allergies????  I have tried to find information in books
but could not find anything about itching, sneezing fuzzies with allergies.
Is there something you can give a fuzzy to help relieve symptoms??  My vet
said that I can try giving my fuzzy Benedryl to relieve the symptoms but he
said that they haven't seen much success with it in animals and it is a
"use at your own risk sort of thing." He figured the dosage for me and said
I could try it if I wanted and we are to keep the fuzzball off the carpet
for a few weeks and see if symptoms clear.  Has anyone else ever heard of
this??  I was just wondering if there are any veternarians out there that
may have any other suggestions.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
My email address is [log in to unmask]  Please e-mail me if anyone
has any suggestions.  Thanks!!  Deana Beek