Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 10:28:01 -0700
I wish to thank all of you that have help me thru this hard time losing
little Bandit.  with so many health problems sence he was rescued at 7
weeks old with 3 other ferrets he was the only one that was so sick when
i got him.  we fought hard to get him well and at one time he did do good
and acted healthy for a month or so til Easter weekend then he went down
hill .  but it was for the best Little Bandit went to join his cousins up
at the rainbow bridge.  yes i will miss him but i will never forget him,

When I took him to St Louis Miss Randy just fell in love with him and
would hold him for the longest time and other friends would say Ii need a
ferret fix and i would go get him and hope Randy wouldnt grab him first
cause she wasnt about to share Bandit lol..

Bandit loved to be held and loved, the day befor the syp in St Louis we
had went to Marsha and Jerry Corwell place and we stayed there over
night.  Bandit played and played he was running and hopping all over the
place doing his dookie dances and all he loved the ferrets sand box he
just had a ball and it was the first time sence Easter weeknd I saw him
act that way it was hard to belive cause Bandit had been sick with that
prolapesy and kidney problems and ear infections, but that day you
wouldnt have thought anything was even wrong with him.

while we was at the syp Bandit went blind over night it scared the crap
out of me i was so upset i wanted to run him to the vet and here not
thinking we had some vet drs that was already there, and i thank them
so much for their time they gave up just to look at this baby.  I cant
remember the Drs names but Thank you guys so much.  but I so scared and
worried that i left the syp earlie the next morn with bandit for home and
to my vet down in Arkansas, he had juvenial cateract inhis eye he went
blind a couple weeks later in the other eye.  then one morn i woke up to
him being very week, my a/c went out in my home so i had took all the
ferrets to the vet for boarding cause it was so hot here and i didnt want
the ferrets to get sick.  but Bandit was weak and just laying around and
would barly eat.  the drs took more test you name it they did it then one
day they took one of my healthy ferrets there and x-rayed her then took
an x-ray of bandit and there is was his kidneys were size of a half
dollor or golf ball size they could have took him to surgey but i said no
i was tired of him suffereing he had already had 2 surgeys that was
enough.  no more hes suffered enough and that it was time for him to go
home to the rainbow but befor he was going to be put to sleep i wanted to
take him home just to hold and love on him one last time and to talk to
him about the rainbow bridge and how happy he was going to be when he got
there, i had told a couple ferret friends of mine what i had done and the
choice i made for Bandit.  and so it was done on the morn of May 27th.

I have recived so many pivet emails and e cards and phone calls i relly
didnt think i had that many ferrets friends the goups list im on.  and I
want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers thoughts love and
kind suporrt to me and with Bandit.  and im sure Bandit thanks you to for
helping me thru this.  I had to laugh this morn cause someone sent me an
email saying with a poam it made me think of a time that Bandit during
one of his well days and Kaleb my 2 monster babys just a month apart
would go running from me when they were in trouble they would go and run
from me as fastest as they could and then stop to turn a coner in the
house and they would slide across my harden slick floor in the kitchen
and run into things.  it was so funny but the poam said and i want to
share it with you cause it made me smile for the first time sence Bandit
Left me for the rainbow.  I will end this post with the poam.

preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totely warn out SHOUTING.
Holy-cow -- what a ride..
as fast as Bandit would run from me that day he went that fast to the
rainbow Bridge..

Love and Fuzzie Hugs.
Susan&Bandit from the S&L Ferret Rescue of Northwest Arkansas..