From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1993 21:16:20 -0400
Hey, guys!  We ran out of our normal food and had to buy some Whiskas until
payday.  (We checked and it was over 30% protein and it matched Petsmart's
Authority in the other areas, too...and, a small box was a buck.)

        Well, yesterday we got some regular food and finally had time to let
the kids out of the cage.  Fosgate (4-5 year old albino altered hob) seemed a
bit disoriented and acted like he was dragging his rear feet.  He is noticably
thinner and his stool is runny, but still mostly solid and normal in color.
He's been drinking lotsa water, but hasn't really eaten that much (that we can
tell, anyway.)  He has licked the Ferretone off of food and *has* been eating,
but it doesn't seem like it's been as much as normal.

        When we got the Authority food again, he sat down and ate quite a bit,
then, he got up and walked a bit, then laid down.  He isn't playing with Rock-
ford the way he normally does, as he tires out and just wants to sleep.

        It doesn't look like he's got that virus that's going around, but
something's definitely wrong.  We figure it's the fact that he hasn't been
eating, but has been drinking a lot that's given him the runs.  I plan to call
Roger tomorrow morning and possibly take him to the vet, if he thinks it's
necessary.  (My vet's good with ferrets, but, just to be safe...)

        If anyone has any urgent thoughts on the subject, call me at
417-863-8693 anytime.  The answering machine will answer, but if we're here,
we'll pick up!  Thanks!