Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:13:52 -0500
Hello All,

Well, I fixed up my newest variation of Bob's Chicken Gravy in an effort
to get Miss Stella to eat it.

First all, I simply cannot imagine how Bob got a blender to chop up *any*
bones.  lol.  I have a Waring bar blender, you know, weighs in around a ton
or so.  It bogged down with the ground meat and although I think it could
do bones easier, I imagine you could burn up a fair amount of blenders
doing it.  So I switched over to my Cuisinart and it chugged along just
fine (This is what I used previously and it handled the smaller bones just
fine).

Since I started out with less meat and stuff over all, I cut all the other
ingrediants down in relation to the amount of meat (I had a pound of ground
turkey).  And I did add ensure since they are used to that taste.

Chopped it all up, cooked it on a low heat for about 20 minutes (still
stinks, still smells like boiled meat) and then I processed it all again.

Got a runny mix (I went for the runniness they are already used to eating).
Viola!  Miss Stella ate it!!  Yippee!!

I am very pleased. I will slowly work it down to no ensure in it.

Mo' Maggie and her Meat Munchers

"But wanting is not the same thing as needing
There's no need to pretend, you can't turn back again
And loving is so different to keeping, the hurting that we send
Is so difficult to mend"
--anything but strong, eurythmics