From:
Brandon Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:49:23 -0500
I recently had to go out of town unexpectedly, due to a death in the
family.  While gone my four ferrets were cared for by my neighbor.  They
were confined to their huge cage,/box complex for those days.  I known it
sounds bad, but the complex takes up a significant portion of "the ferret
room" , and I felt they would be safer inside than with the inexperienced
caretaker I had to use on such short notice.

Anyway, when I returned the four ferts were all extremely happy to see me.
None seemed too worse for wear.  They all acted normally, and quite
deviously.

I have been home for two days now, and they all seemed pretty normal,
though I haven't been able to interac with them as much as usual.

The one who appears sick had redish colored diarrhea.  It appeared as
though there may have been some streaks of blood.  The stool was liquid,
it did not seem to be very "sticky".  I immediately isolated my boy, and
am watching the others to see if they are also suffering.

The ferret in question did not seem lathergic, he was quite pleased to be
allowed into my office for observation.  He is acting pretty normal still.
This doesn't appear to be ECE, I have had ferts with minor bouts of
diarrhea before, but usually after they OD'd on ferret treats or got into
people food that didn't agreed with them.  But I have never see them be
bloody before.

Thanks for your help.

Brandon
Watermark, Wolfy, Tiffer, and Kira