From:
Karen Daigneault <"[log in to unmask]"@BEALENET.COM>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:10:09 -0600
For awhile now I have been wanting to start a ferret shelter.  Asking
around, receiving information from Pam Greene, awaiting Kymmie, seeing one
of *her* shelters, - it makes me want to get involved and get involved "big
time"!  Providing a loving environment to sick ferrets, fuzzies no longer
"wanted" and just be a home to any in need.  I have spoken with Sam, a very
special friend of mine in NZ about this on many occasions...and altho I have
been told, told, told, I will have to admit that the post that hit home was
Bob Church's...

>Very occasionally, it is a shelter run by a person who loves ferrets, but
>never understood the financial impact a house full of sick ferrets can make.

So, if one and only one, Bob, you have educated one with your wisdom.  I
want, very much to start a shelter, but, financially cannot afford several
sick ferrets, especially if there are just that...many at one time.

My fuzzies, my dogs, my animals mean the world to me.  And altho I have
found myself in many, many rescues, foster mommy type situations, I can
feasibly accept the fact that at this time I will have to act as a foster
care mommy, an "in-between" and part of Kymmmie's new "Ferret Transport".
Which btw, was exhausting but fun and exciting.  Knowing that the ferrets
came from Florida, passed through me from North Carolina (Kelly - you make
it home ok?  - Rain home was awful!!) and were enroute to wonderful homes
was a very humbling experience.  I felt like I was "doing" something!  And
that makes a big difference...

Hope all of you had safe travels.  The ferrets were beautiful..and that
nipper Freckles (one arcadia ferret) - well, my 7 year old held her the
whole way home...and she just sat there, just as cute as can be, while Manna
kissed her nose, and snuggled and cuddled with her.  Go figure...Manna can
tame the nippers...I have two to prove it...

Enough of my rambles!

Luv to all!!!
Karen&Manna 'hoomans, Sammie the prince, Robbie the queen, Samantha the
bungie jumper, Hopps the King, Bubba the cute, and Daisy the smart one...