From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:26:14 EST
I am writing this here because I know you guys care about all animals.
To refresh your memory, we have lost 6 ferrets and a cat in the last 6
months.  We thought the dog had eaten something bad and x-rays showed what
looked like a ball.  Likely enough given my 5 kids and this particular
dog.  They called tonite and it is a 16 cm. tumor.  It is in the stomach
wall, the liver and possibly the gall bladder.  (She is an 87 lb. 2 year
old mix).  They couldn't get it out.  We will know more tomorrow.  We are
near an excellent veterinary university hospital.  My 9 year old, when
told the dog was having surgery, said "she's going to die like Duncan
(the ferret) did!" I assured her, no it wasn't anything like that, just
something she ate.  Guess I was wrong.

Jean