From:
Tara Kostezky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:45:47 +0800
For Kim, on losing your Squirt (and for anyone else who's lost a loved one),

Here is the full text of Dylan Thomas' poem, particularly appropriate for
one such as Squirt (and for my little Koutafides, may she rest in peace,
one year gone now almost to the day but I still miss her).

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

TK