Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:59:38 -0700
I am so tired of "lurking" that I decided to post, but I will not be as
involved as I have been in the past.

I wanted to respond to the question about fruit and also tell a little
story about my groceries.

About a month ago, I came home and set the groceries down on the kitchen
floor to be put away.  The babies were out and I was not paying close
attention to all of the "digging" going on in the bags.  I heard some
"thumping" and dooking going on and the pit-patter of feet on the stairs.
After cooking dinner, I went downstairs to play with them and LOW AND
BEHOLD, I found my little jill running around with a HUGE nectarine
(half-eaten)!  I laughed so hard and screamed at my hubby to get the
camcorder, but it was too late, she had already managed to hide it under
the sofa.  It was one of the cutest things she has ever done.  I talked to
the vet and he did not think fruit was harmful (except for runny stools).
He thought it was amazing that she picked a nectarine.  I have been feeding
all of them watermelon, which was a major lifesaver in hydrating Rasta when
he started getting sick (vet said this is good also).

I guess fruit is a "personal" preference, some like it, some don't.

I am happy to see that people are getting along much better, my harassment
has finally stopped.  To all of you breeding *responsibly*, keep it up!
Nobody can get rich off of breeding ferrets (except perhaps, ahem, Marshall
Farms) and I respect and appreciate those who are doing it right (you know
who you are).

Take care~

Danielle, Rastaferretin, Cleo, Dopey and Marley

P.S.  If you live in Washington State and are looking for an exceptional
breeder, I know two (one east and one west).  If interested, contact me
privately - no flames please!