From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 15:56:01 +1200
Today is my birthday and I received two presents.

Number one present included a bright card that says on the front "A card
that dares to ask the question -" and open it up "How many ferrets do you
think you can put in your underwear?", complete with a cartoon character
with a bunch of ferrets in his underwear.  Too much.  It is a 'Hallmark'
card if you want to look for it.

Number two present was my ferret license (at long last!).  Here in New
Zealand there is no such thing as a domestic ferret, in the eyes of the
law.  All ferrets come under the Unprotected Wildlife Regulations and as
such a permit (and a lot of money funnily enough) is required to keep three
or more ferrets.  The endorsement reads "...the following wild animals for
the purpose of: domestic pets (neutered animals, unable to be bred)".  So
I'm now able to keep more than three "wild" domestic ferrets.  Chortle.

Still smiling,
-David and the "Crazy, Not Wild" (sorry Jennifer) ferrets: Thor, Grover &
 Lady Penelope.