From:
"Paula M. Webb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:20:43 -0400
Hi to Everyone,

Yesterday I posted about my little, deaf, blaze having lymphoma.  Today
they vet did exploratory surgery on her and found out that she does not
have lymphoma.  Her left adrenal was slightly enlarged so they removed
it as well as a lymph node that did not belong where it was.  She also
aspirated her spleen.  After all the pathology came back there was no
cancer anywhere.  She is severly anemic and the vet thinks it might be
cancer in her bone marrow.  If this is the case then she will die.  There
is precious little they can do for her.  I do not want her put through
the tests for it because it will only cause her more pain.

A while ago I commented to a friend that another friend worries too much.
His response to me was "you do not know what it is like until you walk a
mile in that person's shoes."  Well, I guess I am walking two miles.  It is
so hard to see her so sick and now I know what my friend is going through.
She is drinking a little and has held down the a/d I have given her and the
pedialyte.  I just hope she starts to eat on her own again.  I also hope
that I will know when it is time for her to go.  I know it will be a hard
decision but I don't want to be selfish either.  She has brought me so much
happiness in the four months I have had her that she deserves a little
happiness in return.

If anyone has gone through this and can offer some advice I sure would
appreciate it.  I also want to thank the people who responded to my posting
yesterday.  You are all so great and helpful I can not thank you enough.

Kiss all your fuzzies twice as much today.  You never know if they will be
here tomorrow.

Paula and the kidlets.
Paula M. Webb

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hollow/1223/index.html