From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:23:33 -0400
Ellen wrote:
>you may also want to check the archives on the Ferret Health Digest, as
>well.  They have lots of medical information on that site.  Various vets
>frequent that site and sometimes respond to questions.  Sukie Crandall
>runs it and she's very knowledgeable.

Ellen, thank you so much for your kind words about the FHL and me, but
I do not deserve any credit for the archives.

Pam and Eric Sessoms are the ones who make the archives possible, not
me.  They work their tails off on them!  Pam is ALSO an FHL co- moderator
and our list librarian.  She is incredible!

Right now the FHL is running quite a bit short-handed.  We actually have
5 co-moderators BUT two are dealing with health issues that will take a
decent bit of time to resolve, and Dr. Williams, like everyone at the
AFIP, has been in the pincer grip of extra work with the wars at the same
time that the Administration is hamstringing the AFIP and trying to
dismantle it.  So, Pam and I are doing our work and the work of several
others, not only at the FHL, and not only have been for about 3 months
but will likely be doing so for a while to come.  Hey, it's just life...

Thank goodness that the FHL has so very many kind and knowledgeable
members who tackle posters' questions both on and off the list!  Without
them and their answers we would never be able to function!  I so love
the way they all help each other with answers and links!

I wish this was a time when it was UNnecessary to say that we who
volunteer as moderators and administrators sometimes need more
consideration and help ourselves from the list members, as well as a bit
of understanding :-), but those times happen and we sure are in one of
them.  (I sure know that Bill Gruber, the FML moderator, is going to be
able to relate really well to that!  The amounts of work, both seen and
unseen, to make any informative moderated list or forum available are
very large.)

You know the Red Queen Hypothesis?  It states, "You have to keep running
as fast as your can just to stay in the same place." Sometimes life just
makes that the case.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org