From:
donna weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 00:07:58 -0400
Murphy. My beautiful black sable. My best friend. My sleepmate. He has
decided he does NOT like my irritating alarm clock. Or maybe he thinks
he is somehow helping?

God knows Murphy has watched me hit the Snooze button many times. The
first time he silenced it, I thought it was a really cute accident.

No more. Murphy's hearing is better and quicker than my aged ears can
do. Today marks the third day in a row that Murphy hit the snooze
button. I decided today that he sometimes knows me better than I know
myself. Murphy the Smurphy is correct. I DO need a day off. I called
work. I am off today unless something comes up.

Murphy doesn't gently touch the Snooze button. He does a full-bodied
throw of his black body over the clock. He looks up at me with a
satisfied, happy and sleepy smile. He comes back for more snuggling.

I am glad to be close enough to retirement that Murphy won't get
me fired for being late. I am doubly thankful that he doesn't have
opposible thumbs. He is less than 10 months old. Has anyone done an
in-depth study of the IQ of an MF throwaway?

I would like to hear some posts of other smart-ferret stunts. Until
then, I will be looking at the ceiling, trying to figure out where and
how to hang this alarm clock (some day I may actually WANT to get up).

And I will be taking a nap with Murphy and his 5 friends.

Donna