From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:02:26 EDT
Hi All,

I would like to personally thank everyone who came to our July 17th All
Speciality Show.  We had a nice turnout and everything was a success.  I
hope to see you all in September.

Adoption Update:

1 dark sable girl (reserved)
1 albino boy
1 cinnamon boy (adopted)
2 sable boys (1 reserved, 1 available)
2 dark sable boys
1 chocolate shaded silver boy (adopted)

So in sum - there are 4 boys available.  The older pair are going to a
woman in NJ.  This weekend three rescues went to their new homes.  They
went to excellent homes, if I were a fuzzy I would like to go to any of
those three homes, LOL (especially the part where I get free food and
drinks, days at the spa, etc.  LOL).

Our September 18, 2004 All Championship Show (point show) is coming up
rather quickly.  You can register your ferrets online at
http://pages.ivillage.com/losbabyregistration/
or email me at: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
and I can email you a show packett.

The following are the rings and/or classes at our show:
Championship Rings
Breedable Adult
Altered Adult
Kit
Judges Cup
Handicap and Senior
Royalty

Color & Pattern Championship rings:
Albino
Black Sable i
Blaze
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Fine Point
Mitts
Mutt
Panda
Sable
Silver
Shelter/Pet Store
Siamese
White With Dark Eyes and Pattern
Green Card
About Perfect

For more information on any of these rings, feel free to email me.  The
cost per ring is $15 for one entry and $13 for multiple entries.  Also we
do require distemper shots and highly recommend that you vaccinate for
Rabies and test for ADV.  As extra precautions, all judges and check in
techs and vets will be sprayed down with vircon (disinfectant that kills
the ADV virus).  Also exhibitors will be asked if they would also like to
be spray as well (this is your choice, but it is recommended since it
will kill the distemper virus, ECE, ADV, etc., that might be on your
clothes).  LOS has done in the past and present and will continue in the
future to do everything in our power to protect your ferrets from getting
sick at our show.  We have to date not had any instances where a ferret
got sick at our show.  Our vet check does include a poop box check, so
please wait until after the check in to scoop boxes.

If anyone wishes to attend the show as and exhibitor or as the public and
needs directions, please email me and let me know where you are coming
from.  The address for the show is Holiday Inn Northeast, Grand Ball
Room, 3499 Street Road, Bensalem, PA 19020.  For hotel reservations
call 215-638-1500 and let them know you are attending the Legion of
Superferrets Show and you will receive the group discount.  This hotel
does allow animals and there is no pet fee.

If anyone wishes to get table space as a vendor, shelter or non-profit,
please contact me at either my email address or by phone at 215-696-5548.
The show hall is 4000 sq ft, so there is plenty of room.  Also, there is
no cost for electric but it's first come, first serve.  We already have
2/3 of our vendor space taken but we are expecting a large turnout and
hope to have a variety of vendors.  We have people coming to shop the
vendors in addition to watching the show.  The tables are 8 ft long by 2
1/2 feet wide.  In certain instances there are 6 feet tables (not rented
to vendors) for information on your company, shelter, ferretry, etc, that
will be placed throughout the show.  These tables are open to anyone who
rents table space, donates items, sponsors or is an exhibitor.  They are
for informaiton only.

We will also have fun games at our show such as:
lightest/heaviest male and female, longest whisker, costume contest,
kissing contest, baskett escape, paper bag escape, best trick and many
more.  The cost is $1 donation per entry.

Also we will have ferret bingo and the popularity contest.  If anyone
wishes to enter their ferret into the popularity contest, it is $5 entry
fee.  Each ferret will be entered into the contest.  The public purchases
tickets for $1 a piece to be entered into a raffle to win a prize for
each ferret, prizes range from a 3 story cage, $25 gift cards, ferret
jewerly, etc.  Now the ferret with the most tickets sold, wins a choice
of either a $25 gift card from Petco or Petsmart or ferret jewerly (up
to a $25 value).  To entry your ferret, please send a $5 check or money
order, picture of your ferret, name of ferret and owner, and your prize
selection to: PO Box 866, Levittown, PA 19058.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Dawn Smith, Vice President
Legion of Superferrets National