From:
Greg Toope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 20:22:16 GMT
I am writing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada.  I have some questions about
cages.  I have had my ferret (Raiden) for about 5-6 months.  He is about a
year old now.  Before purchasing him from the S.P.C.A., I bought a rabbit
cage for him.  All I was told is that as long as the ferret cannot get out
anywhere, it should be fine.

The problem I have now is to clean Raidens litter box properly, I have to
untie these little leather straps (that I put on the box to keep him from
tipping it) in order to get the thing out which is very difficult as the
cage is in my storage closet in my one bedroom apartment, and is very small.
I would like to scoop out Raidens box every day but it seems so difficult to
get to.

I've been reading of a few people that have spoken of a 1-800 number about
GOOD FERRET CAGES (larger ones) with levels for anywhere from 60 to 75
dollars.  Can anyone in Canada get them?  Good cages with levels here in the
pet stores ("PJ's pets" for example), run anywhere from 200.00 and up!  I
definitely do not want to pay such an outrageous price if I can get one
shipped here that is cheaper.

I also have a question in regards to washable carpets.  Right now I use old
towels that I don't care to keep.  What I don't know is where to get
washable carpet?  For anyone that has read Deborah Jeans' book "A Practical
Guide To Ferret Care",  she says you should only use washable carpet for the
cage floor, but I have no idea where you would get such a thing.  The only
thing I could guess at is a bagain basement carpet sale, and only looking at
carpets with plain backs.  Can anyone give me suggestions?

                 Looking forward to anyones suggestions!

                Daralynn (me!) and Raiden (my furry rat)

My E-Mail Address:   [log in to unmask]

P.S.:  Anyone wondering why my mail address is weird, well my husband is
going to be having a character part in a new super-hero comic (don't ask me
the name, it's not out yet anyway) and his name will be 'Jakle'.  My husband
also sells computers and their software here in Alberta and the name of the
company is Compu-smart.  This is how we get the internet.  And don't ask me
what the "ab.ca" is.....

 Thanks again!

[Moderator's note: ab.ca is Alberta, Canada! BIG]