From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 01:17:42 -600
Hi everyone!  This is the response that I send to anyone who asks about
ferret food.  It's been a long time since I posted it to the FML, so here
goes.

You were asking the list about ferret food.  I cannot recommend Totally
Ferret food enough.  When my Fosgate would not eat anything solid for
*seven* weeks after surgery, he took to Totally Ferret like a fish to water!
It was the first food that *he* ate by himself since he had surgery.

Quite simply, at that time in his life, he was not well.  He didn't want to
eat anything.  He only ate Science Diet when it was blended into a powder
with water added and lived on this for almost two months.  When I got the
sample of TotFerret in the mail, I put some in the cage for my other ferret
while I blended his.  To my surprise, I heard two ferrets crunching away!

We ordered a 20 pound bag the next Monday.  Their office is in Ohio, I
think, and it arrived exactly seven days later.  The final cost was $40.95
which averaged out to the same price we were paying for Science Diet.
Totally Ferret is the only food designed from the ground up for ferrets
(everything else is modified kitten food, for the most part).  It's endorsed
by the American Ferret Association and it lasted my two ferrets over seven
months!  And...they pooped less, more of the nutrients were absorbed.

We're on our third bag now and Rockford won't eat anything else.  It's
almost to the point that we're going to order more, since our new three
month old eats and eats and eats.  When you average it out, Totally Ferret
is the best value on the market *and* the best food!

Performance Foods address follows.  Use this address and phone number to get
a sample or with other questions.

Performance Foods
510 Green Manor Court
Daton OH 45415

513-890-7784

[log in to unmask] used to be their email address.  I don't know if it is or
is not current.

The phone number listed on the back of the bags is *not* Performance Foods.
It's actually the number for Ohio Pet, the company that manufactures the
food and sells it.  They don't take credit cards unfortunately, but their
turn around time is great!

800-843-1738

Our latest cost was $47.20 for a 20# bag.

Someone recently mentioned Jeffers Pet Supply in West Plains, Missouri
(1-800-JEFFERS).  We called and apparently they only carry the 5# bag for
around $12.  We still haven't received a catalog from them.

My best wishes for you and your ferrets!

Jason, Allison, Rockford, Storm, and (babysitting) Weezy