From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:49:27 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was water surfing at de
Lily Lake and de breezes were just perfect dat day. What fun she was
having. All of a sudden, she heard a buzzing and she started to duck,
but it was too late, and Dexter (de little boy courier) flew right into
her and KERPLUNK! Both went into de Lake. Two wet fuzzies came up:
Dexter handed her de note and said, "SawaFewwet, Gee you is spose to
duck when you sees me. But dis is a note from de Boss and a fuzzy is
getting ready to cwoss , so you best gets weady and dwy off cause you
is all wet." SaraFerret took de note and read it and sent Dexter on his
way to pick up de fuzzies. She climbed out of de Lake, dried herself
off with one thought. (Mercy, I wishes da little boy would straighten
hisself up, but I guess he never will and I might as well just takes
him de way he is). Den she headed for de entrance.

I was just in time to meet dis big fuzzy with a heavy backpack at de
entrance. So I quickly introduced myself.

"Hi, I am SaraFerret, de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge.
Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain or
suffering."

He stopped me right there and said, "My name is Shadow, but I really
want to go back home. I felt much better right after I crossed that
bridge place, and I really don't want to stay here."

"Uh, Shadow, I replied. You has to stay here, but really its lots of
fun here. DIs is really your new home. Dere are some of your friends
here dat you had before and you will meet others, I promise. You will
play games and have lotsa fun. But once you cross de Bridge dere is no
turning around and going back." (Dis is so hard to explain to new
arrivals, but soon dey adjust).

Shadow den asked, "But won't my Mommy Sally wonder where I went? She
must really be worried about me."

"Shadow, I began, your Mommy knows where you went. But in a little
while, we have a little surprise and I tell you what, do you see dese
wings on my shoulders? You will get a pair of dese. Of course, dey
will have to be a bigger pair to lift a big fuzzy like you."

"Why do I need wings?" He asked.

"To fly about de clouds with." I replied. I gave him a short demo of
how dey worked and it seemed to cheer him up a bit. "And oh by de way,
Shadow, what's in dat big backpack of yours." (You see, unlike humans,
fuzzies can take anything with them--that is-anything they can stuff
into their secret backpacks). Shadow looked at me suspicious- like and
asked, " Are you going to take it away from me? Mommy gave it to me and
I don't want to give it up." "No of course not, I replied. I is just
nosey like any fuzzy, its been so long since I have been on earth, I
just likes to sees what others brings."

Den he unzips his backpack and took out a big polar fleece that he
hugged to hisself and den a small cloth bag dat he said he couldn't
open because it had de last kiss dat Mommy gave to him before he left
her arms. Den he stuffed everything back in it which was hard.

So off we went down de garden path and on de way we met two of his
friends Crissy and Whitney. Wowsie! He was so happy, friends dat he
knew, he was no longer alone! He really thought he was gonna be stuck
here friends and all alone no matters what I said. We reached de Wing
House where de wings was stored. We opened de door and on de counter
was a big box (of course). He opened de box and took out de wings--
Royal Purple--just great for a big 4.5 lb fuzzy. Crissy helped him put
on his wings and Whitney adjusted his halo and den Shadow ran to de
big vanity mirror. He gazed at his reflection and den turned to me and
said "Gee, I wish Mommy Sally could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We went out de door and down de road to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish Shadow saw a vision of his
Mommy Sally and de four little fuzzy Saints appear. He got so excited
dat he started waving and dooking with all of his might. " Hi Mommy, I
feels so much better now. I got wings now and I can fly. I love you so
much and I got friends here. Thank you for taking care of me. I will
visit you in your dreams often, I promise you. I even took a piece of
your heart with me to remember you by--I know you has such a big heart,
so I hope you won't miss the little piece I took.' Den he started
throwing his hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his love and
laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your house and
by de time you should read dis you should have received dem. Den with
another swish de vision was gone.

So we headed toward his new home and he saw a banner, "WELCOME SHADOW".

"How did they know that I was coming," he asked. "Oh we has our ways."
I replied.

Den as we reached Saints' Place he saw a big group of fuzzies gathered
dere. Oh my dere were too many to list--at least for me, I stumble
over dat many names. But dey all ran over to greet Shadow. Chrissy and
Whitney invited me to join dem in a big weasel war dance in honor of
dere Mommy--Weaselwoman. But I was so very tired and still slightly
damp from de dunking I had earlier from Dexter. So I told dem to have
lotsa fun and I would see dem later.

As I headed on home I thought to myself, yes indeed dere are saints on
earth as dere are in de heavens.

Loveys and hugs,
SaraFerret, Bridgegreeter