From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:03:52 -0700
Greetings to all!

I just had a chance to read the last three FMLs and discovered that MC was
having problems over an SOS misunderstanding that apparently started on
APF?  I am not surprised at all since lots of fighting has begun at that
newsgroup.

Then I read Amy Flemming's post about cross-posts from the FHL and her
concerns surrounding that.

I am going to agree with BIG here that posts pertaining to medical issues
from reputable vets, could be beneficial to FML readers (provided that
they still take their ferret to a vet and don't just rely on the FML for
information).  Several times, I have printed out this stuff and given it
to my vet to read.  I do see the value in what Sukie is passing along and
I also see the value in having it in the FML searchable archives.  If you
don't want to read the medical posts, you can simply scroll past them, they
are usually at the end of the digest anyway.

Here is my conclusion.  Yes, the FHL cross-posts are valuable.  No, the APF
cross-posts are not.  I wonder if Amy is also questioning the value of APF
posts being put on the FML as well?  In my opinion, the information strewn
about on APF does not hold the value that the FHL does and often contains
rudeness, profanity and sexual references.  That board is unmoderated so
people feel they can take liberties they wouldn't elsewhere.  Trolls are
common on APF.

Other than that, I hope all of your furkids are doing well.

Take care~