From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:28:42 -0600
>From:    Britt Westman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: smelly ears
>
>My ferret has really smelly ears.  I'd liken it to something close to old
>salami smell.  Right now I'm cleaning her ears about every day just using
>q-tips, and I always get a lot of wax.  What does every else use on their
>ferrets ears?  How common is this problem?  It just doesnt seem right that
>I should be doing this every day, not that I mind.  I'd appreciate any
>ideas you all could offer.
>
>cherrytreegirl

What you describe sounds very much like your ferret has ear mites.  A
normal ferret doesn't need it's ears washed more that about every two
weeks and they should not smell bad.  Get your vet to do an ear swab on
him.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if the rear window of your van is a picture.