From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:58:36 -0400
Dear Priscilla,

I beg your forgiveness at the lateness of Trixie's greeting. I've been
spending a great deal of time at the Viewing Pool keeping an eye on my
family. They haven't been doing so well these past few weeks, and I
have been worried. My non fuzzy brother has had the flu and my mum has
been in the hospital and I have been sending them as much love and
comfort as I can. So again, I ask, for you to please forgive me for
taking so long for her greeting.

As I sat by the Pool, Hobbes came to me, scroll in hand. He gave me a
big hug and told me not to worry, that the Big Guy was doing his very
best to make certain our family would be ok, and that for now, there
was something more important I needed to do.

"You are going to simply love this one Pie, she's a real cutie and
sweet as they come, and very much the social butterfly. And I bet, in
time, she could make a good Angel Mum, or maybe even a Guardian Angel,
she has that kinda feeling about her.", and he patted me on the back
and off he went.

So I took one last look in the pool, blew my mum a kiss and then I read
the scroll. I have to tell you I was very much amazed by the picture
that was was included with it. Hobbes was right, she is adorable, and
very sweet looking, but what captured my attention the most were her
eyes. They were this deep, dark, and a very vibrant brown, and the kind
that one could easily loose themselves in. The kind of eyes that can
say everyone with just one look. As I read more about her, and of her
life, I thought, this is just what I need to make my day brighter, so
off I went in search of her sister Blossom!

The snow has been tapering off these days, and while many of the little
kits are sad that sledding season is coming to an end, they are every
bit as excited by all of the flowers and new things that are growing
all around us. My favorite place to be when spring happens here is a
place called Sunflower Fields. As the name implies, there are
sunflowers everywhere, but there are also every other kind of flower
and herb one can imagine. It's just that the sunflowers are so tall and
are always the first thing one see's when going there to play. This
would be where I would find Blossom - because hey, with a name like
that, where else would she be? People who first visit the field might
at first think it's simply a Hodgepodge of blooms, but once you walk
into it, and really look around, you can see that it is designed not
only to be appealing to the eye, but to the fuzzit in search of a good
place to stash things. So not only it is beautiful place to play, but
the smells coming from the flowers help hide things like raisins, red
licorice and ferretone and other yummy snacks that can't be hidden just
anywhere.

Blossom's favorite place is this cozy little rosemary den. She planted
the seeds and natured them and as they grew she helped shape them into
the neatest hidey hole I have ever seen! Rosemary, as it grows and gets
bigger, gets these lovely little purple flowers on it, so it not only
does it smell just yummy, but it's very beautiful as well. Inside she
has this pile of warm, soft green blankets and shelves with jars filled
with one yummy treat after the other and the very last, but best thing,
about her den (aside from it very large expanse it covers) it is she
has turned the ceiling of her hidey hole into a butterfly den. When
they are ready, caterpillars come from far and wide to nestle in the
roof of her den and begin their long sleep before changing into the
many beautiful and exotic butterflies that we have up here. When I
found her, she had this tiny mint, green caterpillar on her hand and
was watching it as it moved from finger to finger and around the back
of her paw.

"Hey Pie, what's up?" she asked as she placed the caterpillar on a
sprig of rosemary and looked me right in the eye.

"Well, ummmmm it's about Trixie.", I said as I stumbled around for
words.

"Well I know she's on her way silly ferret, the real question is why
did it take you so long to come and get me!" she giggled.

For my part, I just blushed and she giggled some more, and grabbed my
by the paw and off we went. You know, I have just one question about
fuzzit girls, well about any girl for that matter, why is it they have
to giggle soooooo darn much? Is it like some sort of secret language
that only they know of? Does the Big Guy know it too?

It was funny though, well not funny, but amazing, well funny too
because she kept giggling,! ..... but as she walked, everywhere her
dainty paws touched, flowers grew. It was the most amazing thing I
had ever seen! So by the time we arrived at the Bridge, there was the
beautiful path of blooms everywhere as far as I eye could see, and
there were flowers, on the ground, in the trees, and all over the
Bridge itself, and in the midst of all of this came Trixie. In her arms
she carried a huge basket and it was filled to the brim with all manner
goodies. There were not one, but at least three bottles of Ferretone,
a dozen or so blue and pink rattle balls, a few dozen bags of Bacon
Bandit treats and one very well loved squeaky clown fish toy. And of
course there was giggling, oodles and oodles of giggling. I didn't even
get a chance to say "Welcome to the Bridge", before that basket was
thrust into my arms and I fell over from the weight of it and these two
fuzzits girls were hugging one and another so tight that you could not
tell Trixie from Blossom!

After they hugged and I was able to get a word in edge wise, I did
indeed welcome her, and she in return batted those beautiful brown
eyes at me and she asked me to give you a very simple message.

"I know that the Big Guy could not be everywhere, so He created you
just for me. I love you mom, and I am always going to love you!", then
she turned around, picked up her basket, and she and Blossom walked,
arm in arm, back the way we had traveled, and as they left, aside from
the giggling I could still hear, I saw these tiny, delicate, lavender
wings grow from her back, and a small butterfly garland appeared on her
head and she turned around and winked at me with those dreamy, brown
eyes.

So I can honestly say, your beautiful social butterfly has arrived, and
in style I dare say!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah