From:
"Wm.C.&Geraldine Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:36:52 -0500
Hi everyone.  I can't tell you how much we{my husband Curtis} and I {Geri}
really are enjoying everything we are learning on FML.  We just became the
happy owners of a ferret when she was 7wks. old and is now 6 mos.{LilBit}
We already have a yorkie{CC},long haired Chiuwawa{coco}A cat{Mandy} when we
got LilBit.  We live in Ky. and were visiting our daughter in NC.  We love
to go to pet stores and that is the first time I had ever seen a ferret.
Well, needless to say we all fell in love at first site.  We got a lot of
information from some of the girls who worked there and had ferrets of their
own.  We didn't buy one at that time because we really wanted to know more
about them.  When we returned home we started looking around and found there
are only a few places to get ferrets One was in Evansville In.  We had been
looking and found that there is a good deal of difference in how pet stores
handle and know about ferrets.  We feel very fortune to be able to find a
place where they know and really do love ferrets.  We bought LilBit and
brought her home with us.  I must say I didn't know what to expect form the
other animals, all house pets.  But after just a week,LilBit and the yorkie
CC became fast buddies.  They just run and play until they both can't go any
further.  CoCo the long hair doesn't want anything to do with her but has
learned to tolerate her and LilBit has learned she can't just sneak up on
her.  Mandy our cat just runs from her or they have a standoff.  Of course I
never leave her out of her cage when we are not home and all play can be
supervised.  She has been camping with us, walks on a lease and seems to
thoroughly enjoy all the attention she gets from kids and parents alike in
the campgrounds.  Our daughter and sons feel so much in love with the
ferrets they saw while we were in NC, that a week after we bought our little
girl we went back to the store and one for our kids in NC.  It was 2 wks
before we could make the trip to NC but we headed out with 1 cat, 2 dogs and
2 ferrets.  People from work thought I was crazy but we had a ball.  And
when we showed up with their Sassy with her home made castle and hammock, I
wouldn't take anything for all the love that showed on their faces for her.
She is doing fine sleeps with the kids, baths with them and rides the back
of their dogs back, holding onto her collar just like she is a horse and the
dog{mesha}loves it.

What I would really like to know is if there are any clubs and/or show
in the KY,Tn,In,NC area.  We would love to hear from anyone who knows.

Sorry this is so long I know I get carried away when talking about our
babies.  Geri