From:
Perkins Alexis C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 13:12:18 -0400
Hi.  Madeleine is a five month old girl-ferret who I have had for about
three months.  She is very playful and happy, except when anyone tries to
hold her for more than thrity seconds.  We hold her regularly and give her
linatone so that she will have pleasant associations with being held, but
she does her best to get free almost every time she is picked up (sometimes
she is docile when wakened).  Is this normal, or is there something I
should do?

                Thanks in advance for any advice

                                 Alexis