From:
Liz King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:46:48 -0400
Although I do not feed my ferrets the Wysong food, [not available in
Canada] I do feed it to my cats and dogs.

In light of all the recalls in pet food, I have been reconsidering what
I feed. I always thought that because their Ferret Archetypal 1 was
such a great food , they must know what they are doing when it comes to
dog and cat foods too, but I wanted some reassurance. While looking at
their website, I looked at the Ferret Archetypal 2 and noticed it is
full of grains and not suitable for ferrets at all. Made me wonder, so
I e-mailed them and asked why they would make the two ferret products,
one excellent, one bad. They promptly e-mailed me back and said
ferrets, dogs and cats are" natural carnivores", and did not address
my question of grains in ferret food at all, nor did they comment on
my calling ferrets "obligate carnivores"

After reading in yesterdays FML that they have reformulated their
Ferret Archetypal 1, I do not know what to think anymore. I am feeling
discouraged with the pet food industry in general these days. I may
have to start preparing all their foods myself.

Liz