From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:05:33 -0500
I just started today's mail and right off i opened several really nice
mails from FML people.  Most said sweet things about Troy Lynn because
they know her and her work, so like so many of us they know that she has
more than earned every kind word ever said about her, and the third was
from the kind and concerned soul who said she was the one who first asked
about the PETA video thanking me for following up and learning about that
unsanctioned undergraduate who made it about 15 years ago, once I heard
from the logical work of Treva and Phyllis tracking down the claimed
source that Stony Brook was claimed to be involved, because the original
poster appreciated knowing the facts as folks uncovered them.  I'm glad
that I was just lucky enough to know the right folks to ask, but if it
had been a different campus then someone else here would have done so
because we simply are large enough, varied enough, and composed of enough
truly good people that it would have been investigated.  What a great way
to begin the e-mail day, although I must say that the sweet words weren't
for much done on my part at all.  It was easy to say how good TLE is,
because anyone who has been active in the ferret community for any length
of time knows that and can relate stories of her hard work and goodness,
and there is more luck than work involved in happening to know the right
people for the video question.

The FML is the size of small town -- almost 3,000 people most of whom are
truly wonderful individuals.  Since it is the size of a small town we
have our characters in the lot, as well, but most people here just plain
are good and constructive folks.  I hope that folks do take that away
from the discussion of the few who slimed good folks -- they are just a
few -- too often noisy, sometimes with dislocated shoulders from patting
themselves on the back at the same time they attack others, sometimes
flame-baiting to get attention -- but still they are only a few.  It's
not worth letting them get to you, please.
        ---

Oh, BTW, I don't think there really is such a thing as a true "ferret
expert"; there are a number of folks here who have jumped feet first
into some subsets and have learned more about those specific subsets than
anyone else, but the more a person knows about ferrets the more that
person realizes that there is to know, so the more one knows the bigger
the gaps in information appear to be.  Ferret info simply is a continuous
sucking black hole... LOL!  The more you know, the more you need to know
to know.  Pick up a reference.  Bet ya can't read just one!

Dodie, if you send me those ingredients I'll look them up in the PDRs
(the herbal one and the supplement ones) and possibly in some other refs
that are older.  The references will be mostly for humans, though, and I
can't speak to the concentrations.
    ---

We've seen blood in stools also present as very, very dark green in one
who was on his last legs.