From:
Margaret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:53:50 -0800
Hi Y'all,

It has been a long time since I wrote about this, but I felt this time
of year is a good time to celebrate how healing ferrets actually are.

I don't celebrate the traditional holidays but this time of year always
makes me think of my childhood.  And that can inevitably bring that demon
depression around.  My human family is all gone.  Don't have any kids.
Not married.

However, I am surrounded by love.

Tonight I was writing someone about the past ten years of my life.  I
was having a bit of a pity party, I admit.  lol.  But then something
unusual happened.

Misha came and stood up on my leg, wanting attention.  Now Misha Moo is
a terribly independent little fellow, and usually hangs with the others.
But tonight he asked and got a silly play time with me, complete with
tail wagging.  His, not mine.  Ok mine probably jiggled like jello some
but anyway...

The ferrets have a great capacity to heal others.  Even when they have
something wrong they seem to sense any down time I might have and look
after me, even while I am looking after them.

Earlier this year I was forced to leave them a bit.  They were so happy
to see me when I returned.  When I moved I ended up with some that
weren't even mine, since their owner didn't want them anymore.  I can't
understand it myself.  Particularly since they were rescues.

But these rescues, including Misha who came from a pound, are little
treasures of the universe.  I love to see them wrestle, or chase the
cat, or jump back in fear from the ratties.  I am truly blessed to have
them around.

I don't count on much except my ferrets.  There is nothing better when
feeling blue than cuddling with a ferret and listening to them play.

blessings,
Maudlin Margie