From:
Dee Race <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:28:16 EDT
PETCO is planning to start the sale of ferrets on Sept.12 & 13.  With all
the discussion lately on the FML about PETCO, this is really scary.  There
are 3 locations that have asked for education material on ferrets and I
guess that's a start in the right direction on their part.  We have tried
to discourage them by informing them the demand for ferrets in Michigan is
low and shelters are overflowing.  We need help at these locations from
members and non-members alike to educate and watchdog these stores.

First location is Petco on Sept. 12
26506 Ford Road,      Dearborns Hts, MI     313-562-3220
     Contact person is Julie Jones @ 313-561-1720

Second location is Petco on Sept. 12
22631 Gratiot Road     Eastpointe, MI    810-779-2590
     Contact person is Mary Newton @ 810-772-3958

Third location is Petco on Sept. 12&13
G-3392 Miller Road     Flint, MI     810-733-1699
     Contact person is Richard Nelson @ 810-653-8415

While I'm here, I'd like to commend Jeanne Carley on her efforts with the
San Francisco Amnesty Hearing.  I certainly hope the Audubon Society is
taken to task for their narrow-minded attitude by their membership.
Jeanne, my hat is off to you.  You have my respect and admiration.

Dee
Beau & Nilla