From:
JT Speikn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:37:43 -0800
>From:    Jenn Greene <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: boyfriend obsessed with ferret list
>My boyfriend is obsessed with this ferret list. ...

Hello Jenn,

This will be the first time for me to post something on the FML, since it's
always my boyfriend, JT, who does the posting.  I'm a little bit disturbed
with what you're saying.  First of all, everytime JT and I needed some
quick information about our ferrets, the people on FML were very responsive
to our inquiries.  Where else would you be able to find a mailing list with
so many willing and caring ferret owners?

Like I say, JT does all the posting, but we both try to read the FML
everyday.  Does that really make us queer?  I think you're playing with
fire a little bit.  Ferrets can be extremely fragile when it comes to
health issues, and I can't start telling you how much FML has educated us
about ferret illnesses.  I think it's a very positive thing that your
boyfriend keeps himself well updated.  JT always has so many thoughtful
questions to ask the vet when we bring our ferrets in, and he nor I would
be able to be ferret-eloquent without FML.

You didn't mention if the ferret was yours or both of yours, but a life is
a life and it needs to be taken care of -FML is a very good place to start.

If your boyfriend is completey "obsessive," ....... which I don't believe
that anyone who cares about ferrets can be classified as obsessive.  If you
can't understand his love for his ferrets, maybe you should look somewhere
else.  It's "unhealthy" for him to have you stand in his way of sharing his
love with his ferret, don't you think?

And you say that the FML people are "strange." I think perhaps you are more
strange, to want to come in between a good ferretowner and a happy ferret.
If you're jealous that the ferret's getting more attention, .........well,
that's a different story.  If that's the case, you need to grow up.  If the
ferret is yours....it's also your responsibility to be well informed about
ferrets and their sicknesses.

I apologize if I sounded rather angry, but it is very disturbing to hear
such negative things about the people on the FML ( you don't even know us
out of this mailing list!  ) and a trying ferret owner like your boyfriend.

Rena

JT & Rena
Trina the unpredictable lapferret
Silver the weiner dooker getting-there lapferret