Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:44:55 -0500
>From:    Eliza Raven <[log in to unmask]>
>
>We believe that Jake (approx 3-4 years old and 3 pounds at vet visit last
>month) has a Urinary Tract Infection.  He has been going pee a little bit
>everywhere.  We have 2 boxes, and he'll go from one to another.

Hi Eliza,
This exact behavior is how my ferret Cully was diagnosed with Adrenal
disease-- in male ferrets the prostate is often affected and this leads to
difficulty/pain in urinating.  While a UTI could be the cause, at Jake's
age I'd seriously consider adrenal as the cause.  Cully did not show the
hair loss or any of the other symptoms typical of adrenal, just this
rushing from box to box.

Jake should get to the vet as soon as possible-- this is probably very
painful for him and can have devastating results, whether it's adrenal
or UTI.

good luck,
Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Gossamer into Spiderweb:
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/~gossamer.html

           So keep your candles burning
        And make her journey bright and pure