From:
Shirley Hewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:00:42 +1000
Thanks to all who answered my questions re Gerry's Pepper who had what
appeared to be sub-cutaneous bleeding on the lower half of her belly and
down her leg.  Gerry took her to the vet and the diagnosis was a complete
surprise to me.  Ringworm!  Now I have seen ringworm in other animals but
never ferrets.  There was no sign of hair loss or flaky skin as in other
animals so it had us all baffled.  Apparently her prednisilone dosage
has lowered her resistance somewhat and made her prone to the infection.
Anyway she is getting treated with large doses of Program and she should
recover beautifully.

We are all delighted that it was nothing more serious.

Gerry also thanks you for your input as would Pepper if she had a clue
what all the fuss was about :D

Love & Dooks
Shirley.