From:
Carrie Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 10:45:54 +0000
Well, I know winter is coming, we've got super new coats to prove it.  I am
concerned about my little guy Misha.  He just doesn't seem to be able to get
out of bed!  I have 2 free roamers so they get up whenever they want.  He
just grew the most gorgeous fur, put on about 1lb.  which weighs him in at
just under 4lbs, he is pretty small and this makes him quite chubby.  They
both just went to the vet last week for distemper yearly and she thought
they were very healthy.

He usually gets up for about 1/2hr when my husband gets up, then maybe for
1/4hr during day, then about 1/2 hr at night.  I have to go get him out of
his sleep sack and try to wake him up and convince him to play.  We take him
downstairs to the hallway in the apt.  and he usually gets enough energy to
run around and this wakes him a bit.  Is this normal for this time of year?
2 hours or less a day?  Sugar pea stays up a little bit longer and doesn't
look so lazy when she does get up.  Does anyone else have freeroamers who
can tell me about their natural sleep habits in fall?  (caged guys seemed to
get up when you open their cage right?) He is only 1.5 so it is his second
fall and I don't remember being concerned last year.

TOYS!!!!  We also do the blanket toss games, we hold the corners and bounce
him a foot or two of the top, Misha loves it Sugar pea prefers to be rolled
instead of up.  Also I was at Walgreens the other night and they had mini
radio flyer wagons and wheelbarrows for $10-.  I couldn't resist, we got the
wagon but the fuzzies aren't as excited about it as I though they would be 8
( Misha jumps out, and Sugar pea rides around but doesn't get hyper.  Mine
love the magic carpet ride, drag them around on the door mat.

WARM MATERIALS FOR WINTER!!!!  I just got some polar fleece, ya know that
soft wooly fabric they make sporty jackets out of?  I made a big sleep sack
for their tent, and a little one for their favorite drawer (which they are
in as I write) They love it......maybe that's why Misha is so lazy 8 )