From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 20:53:11 -0500
Anna-Thanks for the offer but I was able to get them to cross off the word
"ferret" on the label...So all it said was outfitters....I think the trick
is to call during the day. The day-shift people seem to know a little bit
more about what's going on!

By the way, although I am a beginner ferret owner, I think I've found a
trick to anyone who might have this similar problem: I just recently moved
to a house that has wall to wall carpeting...and all my ferret, Loki,
wanted to do since we've moved is try to dig under any closed doors. (we
let him have ALMOST free run of the house) After about a week, we noticed
he was starting to ruin the carpeting under those doors. We bought heavy
plastic Carpet Protectors (the kind offices use under people's desk so the
rollers on chairs won't ruin the carpet) It's too thick and heavy for him
to chew on AND to dig through. After we cut strips that would fit under the
doors, Loki frustratingly scratched for about 2-3 min. before offically
giving up on the digging idea. (Of course, his method of seeking his
revenge was to immediately poop on the carpet. (thank heaven for Resolve
carpet cleaner!!) At least I was able to solve ONE problem. If I ever find
a cure for the poop-inator, I'll let you know, but personally I'd invest in
that carpet cleaner!--For those who might get concerned: don't worry, Loki
goes back in his cage before I clean the carpet, and he doesn't come back
out untill it's dry...Usually just in time for him to do the whole routine
again!!)

B.T.W. the plastic carpet protector has little plastic grippers on the
bottom so it can't be just pushed, or slid (or dug) out of the way.You have
to actually lift it up in order to move it.

Also, thanks to whoever came up with that
ferretone-on-the-belly-for-nail-trimming idea.  I couldn't believe that job
would EVER be easy!!  My only concern is that once I put that stuff on him,
he'll lick that area (long after the ferretone is gone) for HOURS ( I guess
in the hopes that more might magically appear).  That can't be good for him.

Re treats:
FQ: I at one time had a similar problem...Try pieces of twislers, the tried
and true rasins, water with a little bit of sugar in it, or mushy bananas.

One last thing, has anyone else's ferrets experienced bad dreams?! Loki was
wimpering when he was asleep before. There wasn't anything wrong with him,
I held him to make sure. Once he was awake he seemed perfectly fine. The
only thing I can figure is that he had a bad dream!!

-Jennifer & Loki