From:
Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:24:00 -0800
>[Moderator's note: Have you considered just buying a tag for $3 and putting
>your phone number on it?  BIG]

Yes, BIG.  About 30 seconds after I sent my message yesterday, it occured to
me that some big national tag system would have only minimal advantages over
the three dollar tag bearing the owner's number. Next time I'll wake up
first, and make sure that small, furry, wet-nosed beasties are not tickling
my toes when I post.  :)

What I'd really love would be some kind of tatoo system like the one we have
for cats' ears, because that would mean that my fuzzits would still be
identifiable even if they weren't wearing collars and tags.  These kids hate
their harnesses, and adding anything like a bell or a tag just makes it
worse.  But I just can't see tatooing a registration number inside a
ferret's ear.  Wouldn't fit!

cmc
--
Christine Code                     We shall find peace.
Vancouver, CANADA                  We shall hear the angels,