From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 02:45:46 -0500
Lynn:
We have a nearly perfect record of breeding to pregnancy.  Only misses were
two breedings our first year with an outside hob.  What we do is wait until
the jill is fully swollen and 'juicy' then give it from a couple days to a
week and a half.  You'll know it when you see it probably.  They seem to
vary in how long it takes to get there.  We have no idea what a false heat
would be - never heard of the term.

Shanon:
Smokey is a panda.  dots on head are permissible but not prefered by most
show standards.  The 'books' on ferrets are all old and out of date or so
unconcerned with shows that colors is a secondary or even lower priority.  I
don't know of any books by folks active in the show circuit.  Oh and Blaize
is a blaze-wannabe.  The line should be continuous up to the face.  The
mitts (or socks by Fara Shimbo's definitions) are not as 'clean' as on real
silver mitts.  The patterns on pandas and blaze's vary a lot during their
lives.

Rebecca:
Iams in particular does NOT cause tumors.  No idea where such a dumb rumor
would get started.  Marshall food (from the same Marshall Farms) is a very
good food.  We use Iams as the base food but we supplement it.  We have as
low a (if not a lower) tumor rate as anybody.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets