Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:36:58 -0700
Three weeks ago we helped re-home two ferrets. The owners were moving
to a area where they could not take them.

They were VERY concerned who they went to, so we helped them connect
with someone that had asked about adopting ferrets before.

The new home seemed perfect, she was so willing to learn, had the right
answers to our questions, etc. These were not casual conversations, but
in depth questions/answers as with all folks adopting from/through us.

It seemed the perfect arrangement for these two wee ones.

A shelter mom near the adopter gave her a nice big cage and helped get
her set up. The next day the ferrets were transferred from their former
home to the new home.

Early this week on a website....

For Sale
Two sweet ferrets with big cage, $250

The shelter mom saw the ad (in her town) recognized the e-mail address,
and called this person immediately.

After some *serious* discussion, the woman decided to surrender the
ferrets and cage to the shelter mom.

Something about allergies, one didn't play much, etc. I might be more
understanding had she just contacted us, or the shelter mom and said
*oops, changed my mind*.....

I do not like NOT trusting people, however....

Ardith Reno, NV
www.nnfn.net