From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:34:01 -0400
>From:    Jim & Laura Ferris <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Midwest cage inserts
>Hi!  Does anyone have the phone # and address of the little company who
>makes the floors you can snap into the Midwest cat or ferret cages to turn
>them into three or whatever levels?

You can order the plastic shelves from Jeffers 1-800-JEFFERS for about $9
ea.  Shipping will vary with where you live.

I our cages we use homemade floors.  Standard closet shelving cut to fit
the cage, plastic "computer cable holders" which loook much like those
plastic garbage bag closers, available in craft stores, computer stores
and many hardware stores and a piece of deep pile plastic carpet runner.

First cable the two halves of the closet shelf together and then cut off
the ends of the cable holders.  Next cable the new floor into the cage at
what ever height you would like it at.  Then cut the plastic carpet runner
to fit.  You can always remove the floor, remove carpet runner for cleaning
and collapse the cage for travel.

A local friend of ours uses a piece of paneling inserted over the two
shelves.  No hardware no work.

I've also seen a piece of plywood cut to fit, the using L brackets fit
into the cat cage.  Don't forget to polyurethane or paint the wood with
childsafe washable paint incase the fuzzies go poddy on it so it's
washable.

KG