From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:57:06 -0700
i may look stupid for asking this...but it has been niggling away at my
brain for a while...i have hesitated for a good while in asking because i
am a member of SOS and was afraid it may be a conflict..or cause problems
for SOS...so...let me state here and now...i am "outside of SOS" for this
inquiry...if ya get mad at me...please know that this is NOTHING to do
with SOS...

i would like to ask what SHELTER policies are on surgeries...
***whether it is "whoever needs it most gets it first, regardless of
adoptability"...

***or "the adoptables get it first...then if there are funds...the
unadoptables"

***or "the adoptables get surgery...the unadoptables do not...they
possibly make due with temp. medications"...

what about the fosters?...are they considered in the equation...i know
they should be...isn't that what foster means?..the shelter covers the
medical?

now...what about shelters that are governed by committee/by a club?...are
the policies different than that of shelters who decide themselves how to
care for the babies in their charge?

TO ME..it seems that all the babies should be equal..should get equal
chances... they are all in the shelter's care...they were all put there
with the understanding that they would be cared for to the best of the
shelter's ability... so, if what i heard at one time, that the adoptables
get surgery first, rather than it be being done on a 'most needy'
basis...is that not against the principles, moral obligations of the
shelter?

i also understood that medical care for a ferret being fostered was
supposed to be covered by the shelter fostering it out...even if that
ferret is unadoptable...is it not entitled to proper medical care?...
and is not the VET the one who should decide what that ferret needs?

sorry...just questions that have been tumbling around in my brain...

i know there are shelters that take care of each ferret on an individual
basis...are these only shelters that answer only to themselves?..or can
'shelter-by-committee' shelters take care of a ferret this way too?  how
many clubs that rule shelters follow the "adoptables first" rule of
thumb?...

don't the poor babies who no one will want deserve a chance to have their
trials and tribulations eased?...

sorry if i unknowingly stepped on any toes...but i heard this rumor a
while ago..and it has been bothering me ever since...

kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Fuzzy Frenzy [15+2] awaiting Cadbury and Sir
Lancelot http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97

Missing 11...SassyFras, Lucky, Rascal, LWG, Narmy, OldGuy, Pye, Sandi,
Jack...and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny & Charlie...And a
special, special guy...Geezer...and so many more kept close in my
heart...

A Proud Member of S. O. S. ....  http://supportourshelters.org/
 ...NEW ADDRESS!!!...
My Help4ADV....  http://help4adv.terrabox.com