From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:25:59 -0400
Brad was holding BART! up in the light outside when we were out on our
walk today. He stated that he could REALLY see BART!'s eye better than
ever and thought that his eye looked like a cat's eye. I could not find
a description of a ferret's iris and or pupil. I know that their sclera
is barely visible and that their iris is so dark that it is difficult
to see the separation between iris and pupil. Question: is their pupil
an elongated opening like that of a feline? I would guess not. If it
was they would have much better night vision.

Lesley