From:
wesley hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 09:22:01 -0500
We have one super-sized cage in which 13 ferrets had once lived, in which
we currently house 4 , that covers two-thirds of one of Ferret Play-Room
2's wall, four tiers and almost 7 feet high, high, two and a half yards
wide,extra opening-doors on front and along the right sides of each level
with sinken-wire-basket-holders to put sqare plastic poopie-pans in.
This entire get-together was very plainly put together by someone as a
home-made super-condo.  We take it outside to spray-clean and re-paint it
between each troop of ferrets who are next in line for ultra-deluxe
living-quarters.

On our own, I have three sets of one and two-tier cages in which we have
cut a generous hole in the bottom of one, to match another one made in
the top of an other, and sanded and filed smooth all potentially sharp
edges before we fit them together to make extra high-rises, so there are
three of these for the two-somes who like to stay together and get along
on their off-play-times.  And for the three-some's, two sets of two-tier
cages, again with a matching hole in the top of one, bottom of the other,
to make three more four-to-five-story-high exploreum-sized living
quarters.

We did, at one time, have an other doubled cage in which the former
owner had a three-tier with a large gate-sized hole on it's right side,
connected to it's side to an extra-wide ranch style wide one-tier by a
re-closable gate on it's left side.  With the two cages with their
bottom-side-gates opened and next to one another, all one had to do was
securely hook the gates to the cage-wires of the opoosite cage.  Easy
for breakdown, closing back up, and transport, too!